1. Our first meet of the season will take place on Monday at Lincoln/Sudbury HS. It is difficult to predict the start and end time of our meets because it depends when the head official arrives. We are hopeful that Monday's meet will begin around 3:15. If everything runs smoothly, the final relay should be completed around 4:45. The bus will transport both the girls and boys teams back to WMS at the conclusion of the meet. If all goes well, we should be back home by 5:30.
2. For those who will be coming to watch the meet or who are new to the sport, you will find the order of events below. Most of our meets follow this order throughout the season:
Boys and Girls Mile together
Boys 100 meter dash
Girls 100 meter dash
Boys 800 meter
Girls 800 meter
Boys 400 meter
Girls 400 meter
Boys 200 meter
Girls 200 meter
Boys 4x100 relay
Girls 4x100 relay
Boys and Girls 4x400 relay together
**The field events take place at the same time as the running events. Athletes who are competing in both running and field events must pay attention to the order of events and listen for their event to be called. If an athlete misses their event they cannot run it at a different time**
The meet is scored by the home team and points are given to the top 3 performers in each event.
1st place finisher (5 points)
2nd place finisher (3 points)
3rd place finisher (1 point)
Relay winners receive 5 points. Points are given to the top relay teams only.
3. Please encourage your child to wear their orange uniforms to school on Monday as a team psych!
4. Finally, if you plan on picking up your child from an away meet, your child must bring in a written note to the coaches or send an email stating that your child will not be returning to school on the bus. Thanks in advance for cooperating with this town procedure.
5. Hope to see you at the meet!